Your Happier at Home Experience
What does it mean to be part of the Happier at Home family? How do visits work, and what exactly will your pets and their sitters be up to while you’re away? Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect from your Happier at Home experience.
We’re here to support you and your pets in the way that works best for you. You can customize what your sitter and pets do on each visit according to your pet’s own unique personality and preferences. After all, your furry friends are who we’re here for!
Here are some things your pets can expect on a typical visit:
- Walks. It’s in our name, after all! Weather permitting, we head out on slow, relaxing sniff walks for the laid-back tail-waggers or gear up for power walks if serious exercise is called for.
- Potty breaks. Taking care of business is built into our business model. We clean up too!
- Play time. Fetch, hide and seek, and more—we even have a few toys of our own we might bring along!
- Brain games. Dogs need mental exercise too, and we have lots of fun games for your pups to use their heads (and noses) to solve.
- Petting. It doesn’t get much better than a good old-fashioned tummy rub. (Some dogs love spending their whole visit sprawled out on the couch!)
- Feeding and medication. We know how important your pet’s routine is, especially when it comes to food and medicine. We’ll ask you for detailed instructions on exactly what your pets need, and you can count on us to handle the rest.
- Training support. If you have any commands or routines you want your pups to practice, we’ll follow along and keep up the consistency. We also work with an amazing trainer at Miss Daisy’s Dog Camp who helps to integrate her techniques into each and every one of our visits.
- House watch. Watering plants, bringing in the mail, rotating lights, taking out the trash… there’s a lot that needs doing around the house, and we’re more than happy to help out!
Personal communication is the core of Happier at Home. We’ll get started by setting up a consultation at your home where we can get to know each other, explore your pet’s stomping grounds, and introduce you to one of our pet sitters.
After the consult, we’ll stay in touch with you through texts, pictures, and videos, so you can keep up with everything back home. Sharing funny stories and great photo ops is one of our favorite parts of the job, and you’ll be the first to know if anything at home doesn’t seem right.
We’ll also be there to help with everyday life. We’ll bring in the mail, let you know when the pool cleaner comes by, and help keep watch over your house. Even if you just forgot to defrost tonight’s dinner, you’ll have someone trustworthy stopping by each day, keeping you in the loop and connected to your home.
Happier at Home Online (or HaHO) gives you 24/7 access to your schedule, profile, and personal information. If you make a change to your online calendar, we’ll see it on our end in real time.
We like to be as flexible as possible, so feel free to reach out if your work schedule changes or you get caught downtown and can’t get home in time. Whether on your computer, tablet, or phone, Happier at Home Online is a great way to stay connected and up to date with our team.